Airport Authority of India(AAI) – Air Traffic Controller(ATC) – 2018
General Knowledge Questions
1. Rajiv khel Ratna Awardees – 2017 – winners
- Para-Olympian star Devendra Jhahjaria – Clinched gold in men’s F46 Javelin throw at Rio Olympics.
- Former Indian Hockey skipper – Sardar Singh.
Importance of Khel ratna
- India’s highest honor given for sports achievement.
- As the name says, started after former Prime minister – Rajiv Gandhi.
- Obviously, this will falls under ministry of youth affairs and sports.
- Started from 1991-1992 and first awardy is Vishy(Viswanath Anand)
2. How many full grown trees required to make 1 tonne of paper
1 ton of paper = 400 reams of paper = 2,00,000 sheets of paper
1 tree can produce 16 reams of paper approximately.
1 : 16 :: x : 400 should be calculated.
Hence, x= 25
Therefore, 25 trees are required to produce 1 ton of paper.
3. By using which article President can promulgate ordinance
Article 123 of the Constitution empowers the President to promulgate ordinances during the recess of Parliament.
4. Madai Festival is celebrated in which state
- Tribal Affairs ministry proposed a calendar of Adivasi festivals
- Dedicate the picture of the festival in each month
- festivals included
- Sammakka-Sarakka Jatara – Telangana
- Modakondamma Jatara – Andhra Pradhesh
- Baneshwar – Rajasthan
- Madai – Chattisgarh
- Patkhanda – Odisha
- Rottihabba – Karnataka
- Divaso – Gujarat
- Karam – Jharkhand
- Wangala – Meghalaya
- Yemshe – Nagaland
- Tawalkut – Mizoram
5. Chief Justice Indu Malhotra is ———— Judge of Supreme court
- She is the Seventh women Judge in Supreme court’s 68 years of history.
- Also, first women advocated to be directly appointed as SC Judge.
6. Agreement between National Bio-pharma Mission and which Organisation for fund
- Aim of the mission is to develop an ecosystem conducing for development of Pharmaceuticals sector.
- The Program Innovate in India will witness an investment and loan from World bank
7. According to Economic Survey 2017-18 , how much percentage Service Sector contribute to Gross value addition(GVA) to Indian Economy
- Service Sector share in India’s Gross Value Added(GVA) – 55.2%
- Service Sector contributes to GVA Growth – 72.5%
8.Doctrine of Lapse was introduced by Lord Dalhousie
other reforms in Dalhousie period
- Second Anglo Sikh war & Second Anglo Burmese war
- Widow Remarriage Act
- Woods Educational Despatch
- Intro of Railways, Telegraph & Postal system
- Separate PWD in each Province
- Engineering College @ Roorkee
- Santhal Uprising
- Charter Act of 1853
9.How many Fundamental Duties are there in Article 51A
11 Fundamental Duties
- Khel Ratna Award, General Knowledge 2016 “Arihant”
- Full grown trees
- Indian Polity by Laxmikanth – Chapter 17 – President, Chapter 9 – Fundamental Duties
- Madai Festival
- Indu Malhotra
- National Biopharma Mission
- Service Sector Contribution